» «
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
#About the City of Tel Aviv Jaffa

Tel Aviv Jaffa, or Tel Aviv for short, is the largest city in Israel and has the second largest population in the country. Tel Aviv is the center of finances, culture, communications and art in Israel. Here is the Stock Exchange, Central Bank locations, many consulates and embassies. The National Theater is located here, the Philharmonic Choir and the major newspaper infrastructures.

More than a million foreign visitors come here each year, Tel Aviv is one of the most toured city in Israel. This city is also very accepting and liberal - for the LGBTQ community - and many from this community come here for vacations and visits. These visitors admit to a freedom and Tel Aviv as a heaven for liberality and acceptance of the community and its rights.

In 2003 Tel Aviv was recognized as a World Heritage Site. This is especially thanks to its "White City" appeal, it has the highest density in the world for the German style of building the Bauhaus from the 1920's.



#Tours

Want to tour Tel Aviv? - We have a few tours all ready for you. Click on the tag "Walking tours in Tel Aviv".



#Must See Sites

Want to see the most popular sites in town? - Click on the tag "Must see in Tel Aviv".



#With Children

A whole family visit? - Click on the tag "Attractions for children in Tel Aviv".



#Food

Unforgettable meal? - Click on the tag "Must eat in Tel Aviv".



#Tips

At restaurants in the city it is customary to leave at least a 10% tip, and some would put down a 15% tip.



#Interests

Interested in certain things? - Click on the tag "Interests".



#Israel Country Code

+972



#Savings

Supermarkets - The chain Cofix offers a variety of items all for 5 NIS, almost everything is a making a meal for vacations.
Free Events - Find the group "Free Entrance in Tel Aviv Jaffa" on facebook or the website " Tel Aviv for Free" at the link below.
For Public Transportation - But a loadable ticket for the enterity of your trip in Tel Aviv.
Discounts are Various Locations - Use either a student card or pensioner card.
Picnics - Yarkon Park and Park South are great places to have picnics. Also in the large parks around Tel Aviv are big and relaxing spaces.



#Shopping
On Allenby Street there are looks for stores with great finds at great prices. Also King George Street is the beginning of the Carmel Market. Dizengoff Center has many options, and it is a nice way to cool down in summer (there is also the Azrieli Mall if you are looking to cool down).



#Entertainment

At areas like the Tel Aviv Port or Sarona Market you can find many wonderful restaurants and cafes. The "Haoman 17" club in Tel Aviv is recommended for dancing, as well as other clubs around the port.



#Electric Outlets

The possible types of plug are Type C and Type H.



#A Taste of the Upcoming Trip? - Here's a video That Will Show you the City in All its Beauty:

https://youtu.be/WD5SdF9qoMw



#24 hours Hyper Lapse:

https://youtu.be/dwWfPlbdQuY



#A View from Above:

https://youtu.be/MwzKndR30D0



#A Bit From the Local street Kitchen:

https://youtu.be/bLC9oAaGJbo
Tel Aviv
Yaffo Tel Aviv
#Haim Cohen's Urfalim Restaurant

Yaffo Tel Aviv is located in the Electra building in Tel Aviv, is a neighbor to companies like Google and PayPal. It seems that, like them, it is about excellence and professional work. This is a root kitchen, not sophisticated and not pretending - professional but with a domestic heart.

This restaurant, one of Chef Haim Cohen's restaurants, brings to your table his mother's urfalim food, along with the ideas and influences that this creative and root chef has gathered. A large portion of the dishes here are cooked in a tabun in the center of the restaurant. The dishes themselves are seasoned and based on the season's vegetables and fruits and the variety of raw materials available for the kitchen.

Yaffo Tel Aviv's menu has quite a few sparkles, but it is based on a popular kitchen that receives chef's tweets and upgrades. From the tabun dish to tehina to the calamari, the burekas with crabs and the tail of the bull with spinach tortellini - everything here is for a taste adventure that feels natural, Israeli and smart.



#A Quick Visit:

https://youtu.be/vq0BqQSQPjM
Yarkon Park
Yarkon Park
#About Tel Aviv's Largest Park

This is Tel Aviv's Central Park, a nature reserve and athletic area in the big city, and its green and fresh oxygen tank, much needed by the city residents. Like Central Park, this park offers a wide variety of attractions, and every person can chose whenever they like best. Large lawn fields, walking trails and bike lines, sculptures, petting zoos and unique gardens - all this awaits visitors to the park.

First of all, the Yarkon Park (or Yehoshua Gardens by its official name), is the largest and central park in Tel Aviv and one of the most popular and well-known places in the country. On Saturdays this park holds most of the Tel Aviv population, who relax, picnic, work out, or tour. Many visitors tour the park on Saturdays, especially sunny wintery days. Other open blankets and just feel the grass against their feet.

Along with being an active and green park, there are many performances here, especially by artists from the world, and large-scale events.

You may want to look at the archaeological site called "Seven Stations". It is a flour mill built on the banks of the Yarkon River to use the flow of the Yarkon River to grind flour.

When you are at the "Seven Stations" archeological site, head south towards Napoleon Hill (in Arabic: Tel Jarissa). This is an archaeological site located near the intersection of the Yarkon River and Ayalon River. It was named after the army of the French general Napoleon Bonaparte, who was stationed here with his army while occupying parts of the Land of Israel.



#About the Yarkon Park History

Even in the early days of the state, David Ben-Gurion and Meir Dizengoff decided not to build buildings and houses on the banks of the Yarkon River. It is amazing that they had the vision and awareness of the environment that led to the decision that the Yarkon River would remain green and open for the benefit of the city's residents.

The Yarkon Park itself was built in 1969. Its area is set at 3.5 square kilometers, from the Geha Highway in the east to the sea in the west. From the whole park, about 3 square kilometers are open to the public.

The park was named after Yehoshua Rabinovich, in 1973, the current city mayor. This is also when the Yarkon Park Company was establish to manages the park.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/dR77XIwKRr4



#A View from Above:

https://youtu.be/koGhh1ooIB0
Ben-Gurion House
Ben-Gurion House
#About the Prime Minister's House and the Founder of the State of Israel

The Ben Gurion House in Tel Aviv is located on Ben Gurion Boulevard 17, Tel Aviv, the private home of Ben Gurion.

The house was used as housing for the Ben Gurion family, first Prime Minister and Minister of Defence of Israel. Of course the whole Ben Gurion family lived here from 1973-1931. This was parallel to his life in Jerusalem was the Prime Minister, and his shack in Sde Boker.

The two story house was bought by Ben Gurion and his wife Paula through installments and entered into big debts that amounted to 1,000 Egyptian pounds, less than today's value, but a lot of money at the time. There was once modesty in leaders...

The house was designed by engineer David Tuvia and cost 350 Israeli pounds. It was built on JNF land in what would be a new workers' neighborhood.

Towards the end of their life, Paula and David Ben-Gurion had the house in Tel Aviv, and alternately their shack in Sde Boker, as the home of the two, until Ben-Gurion's death in 1973.

Since then, the house has served as a museum commemorating the leader who founded and declared the Jewish state. On the second floor of this very house, he managed to persuade Moshe Sharett to agree to vote for the declaration of the state, a move that most of the government seemed to be somehow against. With this agreement, Ben-Gurion changed the picture and led to the historic step, which is why we are all here, in the independent and free Jewish state.



#The House Structure

On the first floor is the family guest room and the kitchen where David Ben-Gurion served his meals. Where the daughter of Renana, from whom Ben-Gurion conducted the Sinai Campaign in his early days, was in his infirmity. "In Paula's room"
Ben-Gurion was in his last days of his life, before he was hospitalized and died at Sheba Hospital.

Only David Ben-Gurion used the second floor. It had a bedroom and four library rooms. Where he worked, wrote his diary, corresponded and hosted visitors and friends. At the round table he held consultations on a broader forum. The house was left in its condition when the Ben-Gurions lived there and everything was left in place.

On the second floor there is a huge library with over 20,000 different books, in 11 different languages, which Ben-Gurion knew.

In his will, Ben-Gurion left the house to the State of Israel. The house was opened to the public and has since been used as a museum



#Important Tips

The entrance to the house is free.

You can arrange a visit by calling: 03-5221010 or by email: info@bg-house.org



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/xFKcN8ccOQo

Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv port
Tel Aviv port
#About the Tel Aviv port that Became a Lively Entertainment Area

Today, the Tel Aviv Port complex has become one of Tel Aviv's popular entertainment and tourism sites, but at the beginning the area was more modest. Together with the birth of the city of Tel Aviv, the dream was also born for a Hebrew port, one that is not the port of Jaffa.

But only with the outbreak of the Great Arab Revolt and the 1936 and 1939 events, and the general strike declared by the Arabs, causing the Jaffa port to be shut down for half a year, did the British government approve the unloading of goods at the Tel Aviv beaches.

So the British would not regret their decision, the first wooden jetty was built at the north of the city, near the Yarkon estuary. It was built on a beach that was partly owned by the municipality, near the Levant Fair buildings, which were to be the warehouses of the new unloading port.

Thus was born what began as a creative answer to the bloody events, and became the port of the young Tel Aviv. On May 19, 1936, porters unloaded the first ship, with the crowds celebrating the song "Hatikvah."

In the months that followed, the wooden bridge was swept away and a long iron pier was built in its place and dug on the shore of the pool for the boats. What is interesting is that since the government forbade the Tel Aviv municipality to finance the construction of the port, all the financing for the construction of the port was raised through a private company established for this purpose. In the Jewish community, the new port was seen as a first step toward independence and they were proud that it was built by the Jewish public without the support of the British or municipal establishment.

Two years after the port was established, another dream was realized, as the port of goods expanded and the passenger terminal opened. During World War II the port was closed and its facilities were seized, for the most part, by the British army, for the war effort.

With the establishment of the State, it became clear how important the port was. The port of Tel Aviv was the only port under Jewish control. Its importance to the war was enormous, in order to bring supplies to the young army and to smuggle weapons necessary for the War of Independence.

But in the 1960's, the Israeli government effectively closed the port, as well as the port of Jaffa, preferring to build the Ashdod port. The place was neglected and became warehouses only. Only in the early 2000's began the process of renovation for the neglected port and turn it into a lively recreation and recreation area.



#What was the East Fair?

The Tel Aviv Port was based on the so-called East Fair, an initiative established in 1934 on the exhibition grounds north of Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv. The fair was announced as part of the celebrations marking the founding of the city of Tel Aviv. Thirty countries participated and more than half a million people visited it during the first month and a half.

Most of the fairgrounds were established in the international style. The prominent Jewish architects of the period planned various pavilions at the time. One of them, Aryeh Elhanani, designed the symbol of the fair - the Flying Camel, which was placed on top of the mast at the entrance to the fair.

At the Fair, which was a great success and became an annual fair in the coming years, manufacturers and consumers from all over the world presented their products. This created introductions between the Eastern countries with the prosperous countries of Europe at the time. As a diplomatic and economic asset, the East Fair transformed the young city of Tel Aviv into a hub for commercial encounters between East and West and promoted local produce in Israel and abroad.

The Easter Fair was prepared to make history, it was the base for the port of Tel Aviv, which will be developed in the years to come and become an active and prosperous port.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/Uhp7YTnINz8
Gan Haatzmaut
Gan Haatzmaut
#The Perfect Place to Watch the Sunset of Tel Aviv

Independence Park is a park overlooking the Tel Aviv beach. The garden is located on the sandstone ridge, with a large, wide lawn, on which many Tel Avivians come to in the evening, in order to see the sunset. Perfect place for an evening picnic and a toast among friends.

In the past, Independence Park was the main meeting place in Tel Aviv for the gay community, the LGBT community, and today, when websites and dedicated dating applications have developed and transformed Tel Aviv into an open city for the community, they gather without fear in countless places and places of entertainment.

The garden is located south of the Hilton Hotel in Tel Aviv, on a sandstone ridge 20 meters above the beach, west of Hayarkon Street, in the area between Atarim Square and Nordau Boulevard.



#History of the Place

Remains of an ancient fort that was part of the fortifications built by Alexander Jannaeus along the shores of the Hasmonean Kingdom were discovered in the southern part of the garden. Alexander Jonathan, whose name was Jannaeus, was king of Judah, who expanded the boundaries of the kingdom of Judah and appointed himself chief priest of the Hasmonean dynasty during the Second Temple period. He was known to have been all Hellenistic and Greek-influenced. From this fortress scholars learned about his early settlement in the territory of what would later become Tel Aviv.

At the top of the limestone hill of Independence Park and the Hilton Hotel you can see a cemetery where the Arab villagers of Sumail and some of the people of Jaffa buried their dead in the 19th century. There is also the grave of a Muslim saint named Abd al-Nabi. Both this cemetery and the Jewish cemetery on Trumpeldor Street were established after a cholera epidemic broke out in Jaffa and a remote burial area was to be created quickly from the city.

Until the War of Independence there was a small British army camp in the area. During the War of Independence, the place became the IDF base of "Camp Yonah." This was the first IDF base, the base for the absorption and recruitment of young recruits into the army.

Among other things, the Etzel ship "Atlanta" was shelled, a ship that brought arms to the underground Etzel, since it did not comply with the demand of Prime Minister Ben-Gurion to transfer the stash to the IDF.



#A Closer look:

https://youtu.be/cjSqqmrm5_E
TLV Beach
TLV Beach
#About the beautiful Beaches of Tel Aviv

All over the world you can hear about the beaches of Tel Aviv. It's not just that there is a sea here, something natural or special. On the contrary, this beach is one of the lowest quality beaches in terms of swimming or water quality. But what makes the beaches of Tel Aviv so special, beyond the wonderful promenade of the city and the latest improvements introduced, is the spirit of freedom in them. The happy, free Israelis are the ones who make conversation in seconds and do not make a fuss about anything, the hotties, the ice-cream vendors, the Middle Easter people, and more.

The Tel Aviv beaches have people playing "matkot," as annoying as this may be, it is a part of the uniqueness of the Tel Aviv beach. All the tourists say the Tel Aviv beaches are amazing!


#This is Where Tel Aviv Was Born

Here, on the Tel Aviv beach, history was made. Here, several dozen families gathered on April 11, 1909, with the intention of establishing a neighborhood of low-rise houses surrounded by gardens. They established the Ahuzat Bayit neighborhood, which was built outside Jaffa. Soon enough, already by the 1920's, it began to spread towards Rothschild Boulevard and onward - north to the Tel Aviv we see today around us!



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/5T-jUFmJJ0s



#With Children:

https://youtu.be/8O2Rbdd2qcM



#Photos:

https://youtu.be/590Fk8PDSgA
Bialik House
Bialik House
#About the Home of the National Poet

Bialik lived in Tel Aviv and became one of its most important figures. Even before he immigrated to Israel, he decided to build his home in Givat Bezalel, which will be announced at the festive reception held by the municipality as "Bialik Street." Thus the street where he wanted to build his house was named after him and he built his house in Bialik No. 22, near the old town hall. The Mediterranean house was designed in an eclectic style, a mix of East and West, a European house with Arab features, such as a Muslim dome and a wooden balcony typical of Arab construction.

After his death, the original and unique house became a memorial home. This is a place for pilgrims to enjoy poetry and history, as well as school classes from all over Tel Aviv and the country.

An interesting and not-so-well-known detail is that the building and maintenance of the house were terribly expensive and Bialik was quite embroiled in it. In fact, this imposing and impressive house almost shudders him. Historical evidence describes Bialik as someone who found himself living in a Mediterranean palace, but unable to meet the expenses. The house drew many energies from hi, and finally he did not really like the house he built, and today he is so identified with it.

In 1934, shortly before Bialik died, he left his home and moved to Ramat Gan. Bialik intended to build another house there, but was never able to.

After the poet's death, his widow returned to the house in Tel Aviv and in 1937 donated the house to the Tel Aviv municipality as "Beit Bialik" to commemorate him. Until her death, Mania Bialik lived in an alternative apartment she received from the municipality.



#The Architecture of the Bialik House

This house Bialik built from his books' income was was finalized in 1925. Like many houses in the first period of Ahuzat Bayit, it was built in the eclectic style, which was a mixture of oriental and western elements.

The house was designed by architect Yosef Minor. The difference between the two men influenced decision-making at home. Minor conducted quite a few arguments with Bialik. This was the case, for example, when Bialik opposed the construction of a balcony on the side facing the street. Minor insisted and managed to convince the opinionated poet, claiming that "a house without a balcony is like a face without a nose." The Mediterranean house with the dome on its roof became famous in Tel Aviv.

As befits a poet who longed for the Land of Israel, Bialik wanted a garden planted around the house, with plants from all over the country. Of course, the Seven Species starred among them.



#A Few Words about Bialik

Chaim Nachman Bialik was born in 1873 and died in 1934. Bialik was one of the greatest Hebrew poets of all time and is considered the most important poet of Israel in the modern era. As a result, he was awarded the title "The National Poet."

In addition to his poetry, Bialik was also a writer, translator and editor. Among Bialik's most famous poems are "Knissini Knefek", "Kumi Tsai", "Between the Euphrates River and the Tigris River" and "Theresa Beautiful." Many of his children's songs have become the childhood soundtrack of every child in Israel, including "Bird's Nest", "Two Girls" (Tzili and Gili), "The Boys Choir" (Yossi Bachin).


#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/s7WgGsmdPoo



#Video Presentation:

https://youtu.be/pCac9BNtlwQ


Gan Meir
Gan Meir
#About Tel Aviv's Favorite Garden

Between King George and Tchernichovsky Streets, in the center of Tel Aviv, lies a peaceful and charming garden called Gan Meir. The garden is a corner of silence in the bustle of the city. You will see mothers and caregivers with toddlers, old people resting in the sun, dogs and their owners coming to the dog garden, couples in a break and people sitting to read a book. The large trees in its expanses provide plenty of shade for those sitting on wooden benches, near picnic corners and ping pong tables. In its center is a large ornamental pond surrounded by greenery and decorated with spectacular water lilies.

Meir Garden was named after Meir Dizengoff, the first mayor of Tel Aviv. It is located on an area donated by the Chelouche family for this purpose. The municipality planned to erect the park in honor of Dizengoff's 70th birthday, but its construction was not simple and it was delayed until shortly before he died, Dizengoff demanded angrily not to tie his name to this garden. Finally, more than a decade later and years after the man's death, the garden was inaugurated in 1944.

In 2004 a tradition was created in the Meir Garden, of neighborhood childhood games at night. The participants, adults aged 20 and over, playing games from their childhood, such as dodgeball, hide and seek, and an Israeli game called "salty fish."



#About the Murder in the Meir Garden in the 1940's

Today it is hard to identify the tranquil garden where toddlers play and sit in love with couples, with a violent crime scene, but in 1949 there was an affair that instigated the city's residents and is known as the murder in the Meir Garden. The affair, which was the first such crime in the small Tel Aviv, cast a great shadow on the beautiful and innocent garden.

It was a rape and murder that horrified young Tel Aviv. It began in the summer of 1946, when two young people, Daniel Factory and Naomi Stein, met in Meir Park. The two discovered a few weeks earlier that they were half-brothers.

Suddenly, a stranger named David Jakubowicz approaches the two. He hit Daniel Factory with a stick on his head and raped Naomi, as it turned out that he had often done in the past. The dying Daniel managed to reach his mother's nearby house, where he collapsed. All night he was dying in the hospital and the next day he died.

The amazing thing is that Jakubowicz, a Greek Christian from Cyprus, whose name is Christos Nicolaides, who was only posing as a Jew, was one of those who reported to the police about "the young woman who was raped and found in the garden." When it became clear that he had lied about his identity, he was suspected, and finally identified by Naomi. In the trial, which instigated the entire city, Jakubowiczwas convicted of murder and rape and sentenced to death. This was the first time that an Israeli judge sentenced such a punishment.

The affair awoke international resonance, as the murderer arrived in Israel as part of his service in the British army and pretended to be Jewish.

However, the sentence was not carried out. The Supreme Court ruled that since Jakubowicz had killed Daniel Factory to prevent the latter from interfering with the rape, he did not murder him but killed him. Thus, he was sentenced to 15 years in prison. Jakubowicz was released from prison ten years later.

Due to the rape and murder in Gan Meir, the garden's reputation was severely damaged. For years, Tel Aviv residents were afraid to go through the garden at night and what was a corner of happiness became a threatening shadow of terror.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/d5vMQPqvZbI
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
#About the Museum

One of the most important art museums in Israel is the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. The museum deals with a variety of subjects: Israeli art, modern art, contemporary art, photography and drawing, prints, design, architecture and art from the 16th to 19th centuries. The museum is spread out over three buildings: the Helena Rubinstein Pavilion (currently showing mostly temporary exhibitions), the main building of the museum on Shaul Hamelech Boulevard (where you are now standing) and the Samuel and Herta Amir Building, which is adjacent to it and opened in 2011.

In addition to the permanent collections presented here, you can watch 25 different exhibitions each year - both Israeli and international. Beyond the variety of exhibitions, you can come here to absorb some cultural activity such as classical music or jazz, cinema, lectures, children's shows and more.

The museum also has a prestigious library of about 50,000 books, about 140 periodicals and about 7,000 photographs. If you step out of the museum you can wander through the sculpture garden (a garden where a variety of sculptures are displayed). More than half a million visitors visit the museum every year.


#History

The Tel Aviv Museum of Art is located today on Shaul Hamelech Boulevard in Tel Aviv, but its previous residence was one of the most important in the history of the State of Israel. The original museum, founded in 1932, was located at 16 Rothschild Blvd., at the Dizengoff House, in the house where the independence of the State of Israel was declared in 1948.

Dizengoff House was the residence of the first mayor of Tel Aviv, Meir Dizengoff, who was also the initiator of the museum. The museum collection began with dozens of individual items, which grew over time thanks to collectors and artists who donated their works to the museum.

The museum became an active cultural center in the city, and the more successful it was, the larger its collections were expanded and larger exhibition spaces were required. As a result, the museum was moved to the Helena Rubinstein Pavilion (at the intersection of Dizengoff-1909) and in 1971 its current building was inaugurated on Shaul Hamelech Boulevard.



#Architectural Structure

In 1971, the main building of the museum was completed in Shaul Hamelech Boulevard. The building was designed by architects Dan Eytan and Yitzhak Yashar and was built in a style reminiscent of brutality.
Brutalism was mostly explosive in the 1950s and 1970s and has very specific and specific characteristics: construction with exposed concrete and use of various basic forms. There is something very authentic in this style - it looks for the "truth" of the structure and allows materials, form and functionality to come out and get real expression. It allows construction materials to remain exposed, using natural light and simple, inexpensive materials. It is possible, then, to understand why structures built in this style were perceived as ugly, opaque and powerful.

The planning of this special structure, the architects won the Rechter Prize in 1972 for architectural design, which was awarded under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture and Sport.



#The New Wing

In 2002 a competition was opened for the design of the museum's new wing. The big winner was the American architect Preston Scott Cohen who summed up the expected construction cost to about $45 million.

Many donors donated for the construction, but the most significant was the art-loving businessman Sami Ofer and his wife who donated $20 million. After a public protest that did not allow the museum to be named after Ofer, the donation was returned to the couple and the fundraising continued.

In February 2007, Paul and Herta Amir contributed $10 million to the new wing. Work on the building lasted about 8 years (mainly due to the exchange of donors in the middle). In 2011, the wing was inaugurated with a large central space with 10 exhibition halls. The museum's current building, which has a total area of ​​16,000 square meters, has been doubled by 33,500 square meters. The department is considered innovative and a masterpiece in the field of digital planning and complex construction technologies.



#A Closer look:

https://youtu.be/C9BM664VcRU
Azrieli Observatory
#About the Highest Observatory in the Middle East

The Azrieli Observatory is a closed observatory, located on the 49th floor of the circular building in the Azrieli Towers, allowing you to view the immediate surroundings and on the good day, far away from Tel Aviv-Jaffa.

From here you can understand the meaning of the term "Dan block," since from a height of 187 meters you see the huge region called "Gush Dan" and know that there is no bigger region in Israel, although in international terms it is small and tiny ...

Nevertheless, the view of Tel Aviv and its satellite cities shows from Bat Yam, Holon and Rishon Letzion in the south, via Herzliya, Netanya and the chimneys of Hadera in the north, Ben-Gurion Airport, Lod and Modi'in in the east and the masses in the west.

If you are debating in winter whether to go to the observatory, especially on a rainy day or even on a stormy day, consider still going up to the observatory. First, the place is closed and protected from rain and cold. Second, the view from it, of the stormy city, is exciting. You will feel as if you are standing in the midst of the thunderstorm itself, and between us - when was the last time you saw thunder from up close?

For tourists, it is worth noting that the place is not an observatory like abroad, although it can be viewed as an observatory, but the binoculars that were once there were removed long ago since it now house many events. It is always better to check in advance if a visit is possible.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/EffqydyxYTM
Rabin Square
#About the Square of Celebration and Sadness in Tel Aviv

Rabin Square is the most important square of Tel Aviv and without a doubt the famous square in Israel. Here, all the most important demonstrations for the state's existence have been held for many years. Here they protest against government decisions. Here, politicians are called upon to resign, and here they celebrate great victories in sports, elections and more.

The shape of the square is of a rectangle. The elevated plaza in the northern part connects the square to the city hall. Sometimes it is used for speeches, while there are rallies in the square.

In the south of the square you can see the Holocaust and rebirth monument, the work of the famous sculptor Yigal Tumarkin. The shape of the monument is of a pyramid standing on its head and it is made of rusty iron and glass.

The square, which is located in front of the Tel Aviv-Jaffa municipality building, was formerly called Malkhei Yisrael Square. The change was decided after the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. The murder was carried out by an Israeli who was part of a group of conspirators at the end of a peace rally in which Rabin participated on November 4, 1995.

There are annual events in the square such as the Hebrew Book Week and the Four Species Fair. In addition, demonstrations were held in 1990 and called for changes in Israeli politics. The "Four Hundred Thousand Demonstration" was held in protest against the events of Sabra and Shatila in 1982, and according to media estimates, it contained 400,000 people, Which is considered the largest demonstration in the country's history.



#About Rabin's Murder in the Square

On November 4, 1995, at 9:42 pm, a political assasination was taking place here that no one had anticipated. At the square, a rally was held in support of the peace process conducted by the supporters of Rabin and his government in order to strengthen their hands in the Oslo agreement they had made with the Palestinians.

At the end of the rally Yitzhak Rabin was murdered by an assassin. A few moments before, just before the end of the rally, all the participants sang "A Song for Peace". After the murder, the words of the song, stained with blood, were found in his shirt and became a symbol.

On the northern side of the town hall, where Rabin was assassinated, a monument was erected in his memory.

The ramifications of the murder on the political situation in Israel were very significant and many see it as the breaking point in the relations between right and left in the State of Israel. It took place after a period in which the public atmosphere was particularly turbulent, due to the signing of the Oslo Accords and the subsequent attacks. The right saw the government and its leaders as those whose policies led to attacks and strongly opposed this policy. The rift between left and right in the country was getting worse and the murder was its climax.



#A Closer look:

https://youtu.be/bg6FtJQOBqU


#The Rabin Memorial:

https://youtu.be/BAjRXe8PwDg
Masaryk Square
#About the Masaryk Square

Masaryk Square and the garden at its center are named after Thomas Masaryk, the first president of Czechoslovakia and a Czech leader who was a good friend of the Jewish people and of the Jewish community. Masaryk visited the young Tel Aviv in the 1920's.

The Masaryk Square is the quiet and modest sister of Rabin Square. This elliptical square is not much of the bustle of the nearby Rabin Square and is known as a place to sit with a cup of coffee and a book or a newspaper.

Masaryk Square is one of the most important squares of the "White City" of Tel Aviv. Around it are a number of residential buildings in the international style, one of the most important in this style, which is a product of the Bauhaus in Tel Aviv.

Near the fountain you can see the duck statue of artist Dudu Geva. This duck appeared in the artist's comics for many years and in a way became the unofficial symbol of the city of Tel Aviv.

In the northern part of the square, see "Pillar, Burg and Ducks," by sculptor Moti Mizrachi. The statue, donated by American Jewish businessman Meshulam Riklis, was erected here in 1989.



#History of Masaryk Square

Masaryk Square is one of the oldest squares in Tel Aviv. It was built when Tel Aviv began to be extended northward and what was to be called the "Old North" of Tel Aviv was built.

The square also contributed to the history of the city. Here, during the "Great Regent" in Tel Aviv, took place in the summer of 1946, a British paratroopers unit.

Around the square, convoys of aid to besieged Jerusalem were organized during the War of Independence. When the Egyptian army bombed Tel Aviv in the War of Independence, a bomb landed at the center of the square. Then a resident of one of the houses in the square was killed, looking from her balcony on the plane from which the deadly bomb was dropped.

Another woman was killed here during the Six-Day War, when the Jordanian army shelled Qalqiliya, Tel Aviv, with long-range Long-range guns. It was the two shells that hit Masaryk Square that killed the woman and destroyed the surrounding buildings.



#A Closer Look at the Square and the Untuned Piano:

https://youtu.be/SCT0TJ364So
Dan Hotel
#About the Hotel that Became a Modern Piece of Art

The Dan Hotel is an old hotel with 280 rooms, located near the Tel Aviv beach, on the Yarkon Street. This hotel is interesting, because opposite other hotels that are built like towers, this hotel is built horizontally, and its height is "only" 7 floors.

This hotel is also well-known for its pieces of art. The story goes like this; during the 1970's the hotel underwent renovations. As a part of the renovation, the famous Israeli artist Jacob Agam was asked to redecorate the Western building facade. Agam took on this challenge and turned the hotel into a big colorful statue.

The artist did this by painting the outside facade of the building, but with paint but with colorful mosaics, in the colors of the rainbow, similar to other art pieces by Agam. Looking at the hotel from different location changes what one can see. In 2000 the mosaics were renovated, along the whole outside of the hotel.

This is how the hotel, who was already important in the architecture world, to an impressive public building. Its integral part in Tel Aviv was mainly because it was the first hotel on the Tel Aviv Beach. This hotel is the pioneer the decided the beach line, and the boardwalk for tourists. The Sheraton and Hilton hotels, along with many other hotels, have slowly become known with the Tel Aviv beach landscape.




#A Closer Look at the Dan Hotel:

https://youtu.be/-gRWCBpDHoI
Sarona
#Sarona Neighborhood

Sharona was born in the second half of the 19th century, as a colony established by the German Templars. In fact, this is their fourth colony in the Land of Israel. At the time, the settlement was located a few kilometers north of Jaffa, but today it is located in the center of Tel Aviv and is one of the most popular and popular places of entertainment in Tel Aviv.

At that time, the agricultural areas of the moshava spread eastwards, on the two banks of Wadi Musrara, where today the main axis of Tel Aviv, Ayalon Highways is located. At that time they crossed the river on the Sarona Bridge, which was exactly where the Peace Bridge now stands, and the path of peace.

During World War II, the Templar residents of the moshava were expelled because of the identification of some of the inhabitants of the colony with Nazi Germany. After the residents hung swastika flags on their homes and some of them went to Germany to volunteer for the German army against the Allies. After the war, the British did not allow the Templars to return to their homes. The British Army itself settled in the areas of the colony and upon the establishment of the State, many of the institutions of the State of Israel settled there. The area was nicknamed the "Kirya" and until a few years ago many government and military installations were located there.

In recent years, the southern part of the moshava has become a restored recreation site crowded with people. This was followed by the completion of conservation and restoration work, which also included the moving of entire buildings to expand the nearby Kaplan Street. All these made the German Colony of the past a beautiful and fashionable place and a favorite place of entertainment. It was also surrounded by luxury towers, one of which opened the prestigious Sarona Market.

Today, in the northern part of the moshava, there are many military installations. The base of the Kirya that belongs to the IDF will be evacuated in the coming years.

Note that the central settlement streets, Kaplan Street and the contemporary David Elazar Street, stand together and form a cross. This is a form that characterized the planning of the Templar colonies, since the Templars were devout Christians.



#What did the German Templars do in Eretz Israel?

The Templars who were devout Christians came from Germany in the middle of the 19th century. Together with the Christian faith in their duty to settle the Holy Land, they brought with them the modern technology of Europe. In every field they dealt with, including agriculture, production and construction, they renewed and increased their productivity and success. The Templars built exemplary settlements in Israel and succeeded in bringing about momentum in all these areas between the Arabs of the country and the Jews in it. Many imitated them and thus the Israeli economy progressed and was greatly improved by their right.

The Templars left seven settlements, such as Sarona, the German Colony in Haifa and Jerusalem, and several settlements that became the moshavim of Bnei Atarot, Bethlehem of Galilee and Alonei Abba.

During World War II, the third generation of the Templars identified themselves in the colonies with the Nazis. Many of them hung the swastika flags on their houses. Some of the young Templars went to Germany to volunteer for the German army and fought against the Allies. The British responded by putting all the Templars into closed camps. During the War of Independence, the Palmach expelled the Templars from their homes abroad and were not allowed to return.



#What is Sarona's Treasure?

For years the Templar deportees kept the secret of the gold hoard hidden in the wall of one of Sarona's houses. In 1941 the Templars were expelled from Palestine by the British. They were Germans and the great majority supported the Nazis and the British saw them as a threat to their rule here. Various espionage affairs in favor of the Germans, which were discovered at the time in Israel, also seemed dangerous.

One of the deportees from Sarona, the Templar settlement near Tel Aviv, Hugo Brengel, hid a treasure of gold coins in his wall before leaving. Some of these coins were a gift received by Brengel's father from Lawrence of Arabia, the mythological man. He planned to return in the future to pick him up but never did.

No less than 62 years later, several Israelis did an investigation and discovered the treasure. They returned it to the older owner, a 102-year-old man who, according to the value of those coins, must have made a good deal.



#A Closer Look at the Sharona Complex:

https://youtu.be/TQEdhlsxgDg
Sarona Market
#About the Prestigious Tel Aviv Market, with the Most Delicious Food Stalls this City Has to Offer

Sharona Market is one of the leading indoor culinary complexes in Israel, it is also very new. The complex opened in 2015 and was built over the Sarona Gardens Park in the center of Tel Aviv. This is a modern urban market that successfully combines worlds - between the old world and the new world, between the East and the West, the urban and the rural, between gourmet food and folk food, and so on.

The market reminds of markets such as Barcelona's La Boqueria market, the London Borough market, or the Chelsea market in New York. These are the sources of inspiration for the entrepreneurs of this international market. There are quite a few good and original chefs in Israel, with restaurants and fast buffets of their best dishes. If you are here a few times, you can sample a lot of memorable dishes, but even if not - stop locals in the market and ask them for recommendations. Beyond the good portions you get from them, you will gain a good conversation with excellent people. There are many in Tel Aviv!

In the Sarona market you will find imported cheeses from all over the world, fresh seafood brought from the Atlantic Ocean, wines and French drinks and spices from the Far East. But there are also quite a few Israeli products, including fruits and vegetables from Israel, fresh olive oil from the country's olive presses, meat from the Golan Heights, Israeli boutique beers, fresh fish brought from the Mediterranean, hand-made pastries made from fresh fruits , Chocolates and pralines made by local chocolatiers, local wines from the best wineries and more.

The complex is spread over 8,700 square meters and has about 90 shops, stalls and restaurants, where you can eat in its many stands and restaurants, or have a picnic on Sharona's lawns, or purchase the finest raw materials for self-cooking in your apartment.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/6UMwqjVqkNU?t=3s
Habima Square
#About the Cultural Square

The Cultural Square, or its nickname "Habima Square," is a center of many cultural centers in Tel Aviv. The square used to be a parking lot for visitors to the cultural centers. The parking lot was then moved to an underground facility and has become one of the most popular centers in Tel Aviv.

Around the square you can find the National Theater Habima, the house to the Israeli Philharmonic Symphony, Helena Rubinstein Pavilion that displays modern art and is a part of the Tel Aviv Museum, and Jacob Garden - a magical corner nestled between the museum and the square.

This square, whose story began in 1935, with the construction of the Habima theater. The IDF was sworn in as the official military of Israel in 1948. Since its establishment in the 1950's, the name of the square became the Orchestra Square.

Recently this square has been returned to life. Instead of a parking lot, the artist Dani Karavan designed a garden with statues and tables for games. This is how Menashe Kadishman's old statue, "Elevation," which stands in the southern corner of the square, opposite Rothschild Boulevard.

In 2011 a public protest gathered here, and in many ways changed the Israeli community. From across the square young people built tents and makeshift homes to protest the rising prices of homes in Israel.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/8Wy_w6Hi_Ec


Bialik Square
#About the Small Square for the Bigger than Life Poet

Bialik Square is located in the heart of Tel Aviv at the intersection of Bialik street and Idelson street. The square was renovated in 2009, together with the old town hall, and today is a trendy place. This popularity is thanks to Stick and Ben El Tavori, successful pop singers, who shot their music video for their big hit "Tudu Boom" here. If you look closely, you will occasionally see children recording and imitating more or less the ridiculous dancing of the duo's popular clip.

Historically, the square is an integral part of the small street with the same name, Bialik Street. Both are of course in the name of the national poet Chaim Nachman Bialik. Among them are the music library of Tel Aviv-Jaffa and Beit Bialik itself, the house where the poet lived, since he immigrated to Israel.

Bialik Square is one of the most important heritage sites in Tel Aviv. Despite its tiny size, it was used during the British mandate as a central meeting place in small Tel Aviv. Various ceremonies and municipal events were held, as well as demonstrations against the British Mandate authorities.




#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/bLQZKEimMIg



#The Square in a Music Video:

https://youtu.be/Y_OLslE3bX8
Nachlat Binyamin
#About the Pedstrian Walkway Which is a Cute Tel Aviv Market

Visitors to Tel Aviv should not miss one of the colorful and pleasant events the city has to offer. This is the pedestrian walkway of Nahalat Binyamin, which takes place every Tuesday and Friday and on holiday evening, in the northern part of the street, from Magen David to Gruzenberg, including the streets of Rambam and Hashomer.

This is the happy and colorful Tel Aviv Artists Fair, where you can walk around and buy something for someone you love. All the works sold at the fair are handmade and are sold by the artists themselves. There is a large variety of decorative works, mobiles, sculptures, funny signs, photographs, paintings and other artifacts.

The Nahalat Binyamin pedestrian walkway is the oldest and largest of its kind in Israel. The purpose of the Tel Aviv municipality, when it opened it, was to preserve the culture of manual labor and craftsmanship, in the modern and industrialized world of technology and in the era of mass production, industrial robots and conveyor system.

The Nahalat Binyamin fair artists are accepted by a municipal admissions committee, which examines meticulously and accepts only artists who sell the hand-made works they create with their own hands and demonstrate a true artistic ability.

Nahalat Binyamin Street is known as Tel Aviv's canvas street, because of the numerous fabric stores in it. You will find many fabrics for different purposes. Go into them - a once-in-a-lifetime experience with guaranteed samples!



#A Little About Architecture

Raise your head up and up and look at the amazing houses here. The pedestrian walkway is located right in the heart of the "White City" of Tel Aviv. There are eclectic buildings here, combining Arabic and Western, Mediterranean and European styles, here and there you can still see buildings with tiled decoration in the ornate style called Art Nouveau. Newer buildings, from the 1930's to the 1950's, were built in the Bauhaus style, the international style that Tel Aviv is considered to be its greatest preserver in the world.

Since 1985, the northern part of the street has become a pedestrian walkway that stretches from Gruzenberg to "Magen David Square" on Allenby Street. The old houses began to come back with wealthy people, who renovated them and were required to ensure their preservation. Cafes and restaurants replaced a large number of textiles and textile shops and found their place - alongside clothing stores and a studio of young fashion designers.



#The History of Tel Aviv's Long Street

Historically, Nahalat Binyamin Street itself was once Tel Aviv's longest street. Today the street starts from the Florentine neighborhood in south Tel Aviv and reaches Magen David Square in the north.

Nahalat Binyamin neighborhood itself is a neighborhood that was established parallel to the Ahuzat Bayit and not the continuation. Already on December 5, 1909, the first houses were built, and then it included one street, parallel to the main street of Ahuzat Bayit, Herzl Street.

In 1911, Nahalat Binyamin joined Ahuzat Bayit, which at this stage was already called "Tel Aviv". An agreement was signed whereby Tel Aviv provided water and services to Nahalat Binyamin and their streets will be connected, while Nahalat Binyamin will participate in the cost of maintaining municipal infrastructures. A year later, the plot was finally annexed to the city of Tel Aviv and became an integral part of the developing city.

Nahalat Binyamin was once the textile street of Tel Aviv, as it was known for its many fabric stores. Today, a small and representative part of it remains, mainly in the northern part of the street, where the fair is held.

In 1921, the Spector Hotel, the first hotel in Tel Aviv, was established. A year later, it established the first public garden in Tel Aviv, a garden that does not exist today, since it's now a parking lot for cars ...



#The Funny Story About the Benjamin of the Street

The name of the street and neighborhood is an amusing issue in itself. The neighborhood's founders decided to call the street and the "Nahalat Binyamin" neighborhood. Only they did not know where they were going to put. It was clear that the tribe of Binyamin deserved it, but they decided that the Binyamin, after whom it would be named, would agree to help finance the construction of the neighborhood.

They promised that if the JNF, the Jewish National Fund, would help, it would be called the street named for Binyamin Ze'ev Herzl, and if the assistance came from the Rothschild family, the Baron Benjamin Edmond de Rothschild would be remembered on the street.

But in the end none of these bodies helped and the founders of the neighborhood decided that the street would be named after the tribe of Binyamin.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/jVgWj5SiUc4
Carmel Market
#About the Most Popular Tel Aviv Market

Tourists, shouting vendors, hipsters in sunglasses and striped shirts, and tourists stunned by the variety of colorful vegetables and fruits - all these and many others gather every day in the most colorful and exciting market in Tel Aviv.

The Carmel Market is the most famous market in Tel Aviv and has become one of the largest and largest food centers in Tel Aviv in recent years. It is a bustling market, colorful, fragrant, boisterous and full of good and Mediterranean energies. In recent years it has been filling up with excellent street food stalls, small and high quality restaurants, young hummus bars and stalls with special ethnic food products. Want to eat at an excellent stall? - See the nearby restaurants in Guidol's main menu.

The Carmel Market is named after the Carmel Street in Tel Aviv. Over the years, it has expanded to nearby streets, in the neighborhoods of Kerem Hatemanim and Nahalat Binyamin. Today the market operates 6 days a week and you will find a variety of stores - food, clothing, home accessories, flowers, sweets, restaurants, delis and more.



#Market History

During the 1920's came Russian Jewish merchants to Israel who bought land in Tel Aviv for 1,000 rubles. They thought less about immigrating to Israel and living in these houses, but more about their children and the land they could bequeath to them. After the Bolshevik revolution took place in Russia in 1917, they had no choice but to travel to Israel. They had no property except the lots they had bought.

In addition to the economic difficulties, they also failed to integrate into the local labor market and therefore opened a small market in the Kerem Hatemanim area - "Hakerem". The purpose of the market was to provide work in trade in fruits and vegetables. Meir Dizengoff, who was mayor at the time, made the place official and in 1920 and called it "Carmel Market." At that time the market was well developed and contained fish and poultry stalls, fruit, vegetables and pastries.

The Arab merchants of Jaffa, who discovered the success of the local market, established a competitive market that was no less good than the original - a large, colorful, lively and kicking market. Quite a few cases of violence occurred in the wake of the successful market competition, which somewhat clouded the local idyll.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/JZgFX5NyZSY
Rothschild Boulevard
#About the Street that Illustrates the White City, the International Style and the Bauhaus

Rothschild Boulevard in Tel Aviv is a prestigious street in the city. In recent years, the long avenue has become one of the most important arteries of cultural and social life in Tel Aviv.

On one side of you are the Habima National Theater and the Mann Auditorium, the home of the excellent Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, and on the other side is Independence Hall, where the establishment of the State of Israel was declared - you cannot miss it. But on this street, interesting things are happening all the time.

Rothschild Boulevard is also an architectural exhibition of houses built in the international style, or the Bauhaus style. On a walking tour of the boulevard we will see examples of different houses in this style, which were built in Tel Aviv from the 1930s.



#About the Social Protest

In recent years, Rothschild Boulevard has become the prestigious and arrogant heart of the young and fun-loving Tel Aviv. The real estate here it has become terribly expensive and today only the rich manage to survive there.

This is probably why in 2011 many young people went to Rothschild Boulevard and began the largest social protest in the history of the State of Israel. On this avenue they lived for months in tents and makeshift houses built for them and protested against inequality in the State of Israel. This protest changed the consciousness of Israeli society forever.



#The White City Architecture Rothschild Boulevard

Apart from an active and pulsating street, Rothschild Boulevard is also an impressive architectural exhibition of international style construction. A walking tour of the boulevard will meet you with some of the most beautiful buildings in the white city of Tel Aviv of the 1930s.

Many of the houses on Rothschild Boulevard were built from the 1930s. The modern style, then born in the German school of architecture, the Bauhaus school, burst out of Germany into the world of architecture. Some of his graduates were German Jews and some came from Palestine to study there. They also came to young Tel Aviv, where they built about 4,000 houses in the international style, Bauhaus, and later turned it into an architectural museum of the Bauhaus style.

Among the architects of the White City were Zeev Rechter, Arieh Sharon, Averbuch and Dov Carmi.

Bauhaus style houses can be identified in their typically square shape, using basic geometrical shapes, including long, narrow windows and round balconies. The Bauhaus houses have a lot of asymmetries and often designers have incorporated modern features from the industrial and industrial machinery, such as rounded facades or round windows reminiscent of the windows of the ships.

Due to the climate differences between Germany and the Holy Land, the architects in Tel Aviv adapted the Bauhaus to the Middle East. Unique characteristics have been introduced here, most of which are designed to overcome the heat of the sun and increase the natural fusion of homes. The Tel Aviv architects designed the houses so that they would have natural ventilation, depending on the direction of the wind. They greatly increased the windows in Tel Aviv, compared to those built in Europe. Above them they added awnings that made a shadow. On the roofs of houses in Tel Aviv, they often planned pergolas, which allowed a pleasant breeze to sit on the roof and even a cozy sleeping place on hot nights.

In addition, the large balconies were added that allowed the evening to leave the warm apartment and overcome the sweat of Tel Aviv. The balconies also opened the houses to the street and connected the people. All of these have contributed quite a lot to the creation of an open Israeli society that creates contact and belonging between people and involves everyone in everyone's lives, for better or for worse.



#A Closer Look:

https://youtu.be/Jctq4r-dFhY



#The social protest of 2011:

https://youtu.be/blVgUQWjCLI
Jaffa Port
Ajami
Hassan Bek Mosque
Charles Clore Garden
Kedumim Square