This is an ancient tower, with written evidence that existed as early as the 18th century. It was then used to mark the historical territory of the city.
Later, the ancient tower was an especially high point. Until 1898, when the firemen were equipped with a telephone line, the city fireman used him to identify fires and their location. Tall buildings were scarce then and were used by firefighters for observation of the whole city. The observer then marked the location of the fire with his friends, using colored flags. At night the flags were replaced with flashlights.
The clock on the tower was purchased from England. It was installed by watchmaker Otun Ivanov, who had since devoted his life to the clock tower. When he died in 1932, his son inherited his profession and his job and continued to handle the clock until his death in 1976. Thanks to the meticulous follower of this watchmaker, the 100-year-old clock continues to show the exact time to this day.