Milan's botanical garden, with an area of 5,000 square meters, was built in 1774 when Milan was ruled by the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Empress Maria Theresa was very fond of botanical gardens and hence the garden was founded. The founder was Fulgenzio Vitman and the flower design of the period was attributed to Giuseppe Piermarini.
The garden offers a variety of rectangular flower beds, enclosed by a brick fence, with spectacular flowers of every shade and color. Spend some time in the large greenhouse, which is used by the Academy of Fine Arts and the ancient Iris and Waterpipe pool, which was created in the 18th century.
The Botanical Garden is currently operated by the University of Milan. Over the years, many medicinal herbs have been planted in it, which have grown and are now used by the medical and pharmacological departments of the university. The garden and its ancient architecture were restored in 1998 after being neglected for many years. Over the years, the observatory has also been established here.