The gallery was designed by Charles Townsend Harrison and opened in 1901 with the aid of public funding. Aside from art and exhibitions, fundraisers, master classes and poetry readings are held here. The exhibitions and events here are of particular interest to the local community.
There is also a café with a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Young artists were drawn to the industrial park zone, mainly because they found large spaces to rent at low prices. The artists converted the space to galleries where they exhibited their works.