About the Austrian House of ParliamentThe Austrian House of Parliament was built in the ancient Greek style, in the style of the Greek Revival, an architectural style that was popular in the 18th century in Europe and America. This style of construction makes it particularly prominent in the landscape of historic buildings around it. The building is 151 meters long, 132 meters wide and contains no less than 1,600 rooms.
The construction of the parliament began in the mid-19th century and lasted for 10 years. In 1883, when the building first opened, the elected representatives of the Austro-Hungarian Empire arrived. Today it serves as the seat of the houses chosen in the elections to represent the Austrian people - the National Council and the Lower House.
It is worth paying attention to some interesting objects outside the building:
At the entrance to the building you will see the big fountain and the statue that stands at its head - the statue of the goddess of Greek wisdom, Athena.
On the left, one can see the monument for the Austrian Republic, with statues of the three leaders of Vienna (the father of the Austrian Republic, the mayor of Vienna and the Welfare Minister of Vienna before World War II).
On the right side of the building stands a statue in the shape of Austrian Chancellor Dr. Karl Rerner.