About the Tel Aviv Dance and Theater CenterIn the heart of the Neve Tzedek neighborhood in Tel Aviv, is the Suzanna Dellal Dance and Theater Center, a cultural center that won the Israel prize as an art complex in 2010, and is considered one of the most important dance centers in Israel. The center was established and named for the Dellal Family in London, and paid for its renovations.
The original purpose of the center was to keep a connect with Tel Aviv history and culture, and this is why the location Neve Tzedek was chosen. Its purpose was to expand and back Israeli art and dance, with a combination of other art. It was built on two old schoolers, built in 1908 by Joseph Eliyahu Shalosh. One of them is the building of the boys 'school of Alliance, which is known as Kol Israel Haverim, and the second is the building of the girls' school of the Hibbat Zion movement.
Today the Suzanne Dellal center is a home to three professional companies in Tel Aviv; the Sheva dance company, the Inbal Dance Company, and the Inbal Pinto and Avshalom Pollak Company. There are many festivals here yearly (among them is the flamenco and ballet competitions), a the Orna Porat school for Theater for children and teenagers. In the 1990's the Tel Aviv Symphony was added to the mix, and holds impressive concerts here.
Suzanne Dellal ArchitectureIn 1989, with the establishment of the Suzanne Dellal renovations, four buildings in the complex were renovated into four theaters especially for dance. These buildings surround the open space outdoors, where there are sometimes outdoor performances.