Beit Gidi, established in 1983 on the Tel Aviv beach, serves as a museum for the history of the battle in Jaffa. It presents the history of the fighting against the attacks from Jaffa, during the War of Independence, that all began with attacks on Tel Aviv and sniper fire from the direction of Arab Jaffa and ended with the conquest of Jaffa and its transformation into a part of Tel Aviv.
The Etzel Museum also commemorates the history of the Irgun underground from the date of the partition resolution, namely the United Nations resolution on the partition of Palestine on November 29, 1947, until the organization's integration into the IDF.
The museum was built on the foundations of a ruined Arab house from the Manshiyeh neighborhood, which was damaged in the battle for Jaffa and remained in place, partially destroyed. The museum is named "Beit Gidi" named after Amichai Paglin, commander of the Etzel who fought here at the time and whose nickname was "Gidi."
On the exterior of the museum you will see a 120mm mortar used during the War of Independence in 1948.