7. The Seventh Station in Jesus' JourneyWe are at the Trail Gate and the location of the second fall. This is where Jesus, according to faith, fell again. The seventh station here, built of two chapels connected by a staircase.
This station is located on the route of the Cardo Maximus, the main street of Jerusalem in the Roman period, a road that led from the Damascus Gate of today to Zion Gate.
The Franciscan church, now in place, was built by the Franciscans in 1875. They planned to build a school here, but eventually built the church that was later transferred to the Coptic-Catholic community. There is one pillar left in the church from the Roman Cardo that used to be here.