The architectural style of the Spanish Synagogue is Moorish, built-in 1868 and completed in 1893. This is reflected in his gold decorations and colored tiles. It has an impressive glass dome and a great deal of luxury. Notice the stained glass windows and the large organ, which is a result of the 19th century, which the Reform congregation of Prague began to use, though not on the Sabbath. At that time, certain synagogues in Europe began to put an organ in the synagogue for Jewish prayers.
The building, designed by the architect Wojciek Ignac Ulman, had 4,000 seats. To write the synagogue regulations, Leopold Tsunz was hired during the renovations. The prayers, accompanied by the organ, were led by a choir conducted by Michael Zacks.
During the World War II, the synagogue served the Nazis to store Jewish ritual objects that had been looted throughout Europe, for Hitler's plan to establish, after the destruction of the Jews, the museum of an extinct race. In the decade following the war, the synagogue was restored to the Jewish community of Prague and renovated in the 1990's and reopened in 1998.
Today the synagogue is no longer used for prayer, but for the Jewish Museum in Prague. From time to time there are concerts. It displays an exhibition of religious objects and silverware stolen by the Nazis and looted from Jewish communities that were destroyed in Europe. Thanks to its beauty, the synagogue attracts many visitors, both Jewish and non-Jewish tourists.