As part of the "Jewish Museum," a collection of Judaica is displayed in the synagogue, including medieval Talmudic writings, synagogue ritual utensils, Shabbat candlesticks, Hanukkah menorahs, religious vessels, and crowns.
There is a silent display of the development of the Jewish community of Bohemia and Moravia, from the founding of the community in the 10th and 18th centuries during the Emancipation.
This display is only the tip of a huge collection, collected by the Nazis, with the intention of showing it in the museum about the extinct race, after they finished annihilating the Jews.
In 1689, the Maisel Synagogue was burned down in a fire that destroyed most of the city's Jewish ghetto. Renovation and reconstruction had reduced the height of the synagogue structure by about a third of its original height.
During World War II, the Nazis, who had occupied the Czech Republic before the war, used the Maisel Synagogue as a storehouse for Jewish property confiscated and robbed.
Today the Maisel Synagogue in Prague belongs to the Czech Jewish community and is maintained by the Prague Jewish Museum.