In 2019, at the end of an expensive renovations and landscape change, the beautiful new square has reopened. In construction work that took more than a year to completed, Dizengoff Square has returned to its former glory. The elevation that was done 40 years ago was demolished, and a new roundabout was built in the center of the square.
When the construction was finalized, in the center of the square was placed a new statue – "Earth and Fire" – a sculpture with a colorful fountain, created by Jacob Agam. And so the conflict ended between the city municipality and the artist, who succeeded in maintaining his work at the center of the square.
The square is named after Tzina Dizengoff, the wife of the first mayor of Tel Aviv, Meir Dizengoff, and was built in 1934. It was designed according to the principles of the international style, which was so prominent in Tel Aviv of those days. The design was accompanied by the matching houses around the square, with circular terraces, and more. These houses were built by different architects, but were all designed by Genia Averbuch, the head architect and designer of the original square.